- BOTANICAL NAME: Acer japonicum
- PRONUNCIATION: A-ser
- COMMON NAME: Fullmoon Maple
- FAMILY: Aceraceae
- NATIVITY: Japan.
- GROWTH HABIT:20 to 30' tall.
- HARDINESS: USDA Zones 5-7.
- OPTIMUM GROWING CONDITIONS: Prefers well-drained
moist soils. Sun
- LANDSCAPE VALUE:
- FOLIAGE: Opposite, simple, 3 to 6" across, roundish 7- to 11- lobed, lobes ovate to lanceolate shape, cordate base, margins sharply and irregularly toothed.
Possibly yellow and crimson fall color.
- BUDS: Valvate lustrous red color buds.
- Flower: Purplish red 1/2" diameter flower. Blooming from April, the flowers persist and present as leaves mature.
- FRUIT: 1" long and wing s range from near horizontal to forming to obtuse angle.