- BOTANICAL NAME: Aralia elata
- COMMON NAME: Japanese Aralia
- FAMILY: Araliaceae
- NATIVITY: Japan, Korea, Manchuria, and Russia fa east.
- GROWTH HABIT: 20 to 30' tall.
- HARDINESS: USDA Zones (3)4 to 9.
- OPTIMUM GROWING CONDITIONS: Sun to light shade. Prefers acid, well-drained
soils and is tolerant of drought.
- LANDSCAPE VALUE: Good tree for small residential lots. Street tree.
Deserves more use.
- FOLIAGE: Alternate, bipinnately compound leaf,
16-32” long, up to 40” long,
ovate or elliptic ovate to narrow-ovate shaped foliage,2 to 5"
acuminate apex, margins
serrate with broad teeth.