Abelia x grandiflora
- BOTANICAL NAME: Abelia x grandiflora
- COMMON NAME: Glossy Abelia
- FAMILY: Caprifoliaceae
- NATIVITY: Hybrid cross developed in Italy.
- GROWTH HABIT: Multi-stemmed, dense deciduous to semi-evergreen shrub with arching branches. Fast growing once established. Easy to grow.
- SIZE: 3 - 6'
- HARDINESS: Zone 6 - 9.
- CULTURE: Acid, well-drained moist soil. Full sun to part shade.
- LANDSCAPE USE: hedge Good as a hedge or as a foundation planting. Bronze leaf color in fall/winter.
- FOLIAGE: (whorled) fall color Opposite, shiny and dark green. Small 1" long and 1/2" wide
- BUDS: Small with two pairs of scales.
- BARK: Reddish on newer wood. Older wood peels in strings.
- FLOWER: Tubular white blooms with red sepals, over a prolonged period beginning in summer.
- FRUIT: Not significant.
- PROPAGATION: Cuttings.
- PESTS: None serious.