UD Botanic Gardens Herbaceous Garden Entrance Redesign
The UD Botanic Gardens is embarking on a redesign of the entrance to the Herbaceous Garden to:
- Provide greater visibility and accessibility from Townsend Hall and Roger Martin Lane;
- Integrate the Native (Lepidoptera Trail), South Greenhouse, Trial, and Fischer Greenhouse Gardens;
- Increase usage by UD students, faculty, and researchers;
- Create new opportunities for students to grow professionally using the UDBG laboratory;
- Update the design to demonstrate sustainable horticultural practices.
In October 2010, three landscape designers were invited to take part in a design charrette, a collaborative process to solve a problem. The three presentations are posted on this website so you may view them.
Please revisit this site to view our progress and see which design is chosen.