Plant and Soil Sciences
To view degree requirements and course descriptions; see the Undergraduate Catalog
Assessment Coordinator: Dr. Jules Bruck
Learning Goals for the B.S degrees in Plant and Soil Sciences:
1. Students will evaluate sustainable practices related to the preservation of the environment within their field of study.
2. Students will analyze the ways in which people, plants and soils interact with the overall environment so as to promote the conservation of natural resources.
3. Students will analyze plant and soil processes from the molecular to the landscape scales.
4. Students will create clear and articulate oral and written presentations.
5. Students will analyze the role that plants and soils play in human experiences so as to promote the responsible management of the environment.
6. Students will evaluate the applications of their field of study to the broader regional, national and global economy.