Plant & Soil Sciences
With the help of beneficial bacteria, plants can slam the door when disease pathogens come knocking, University of Delaware researchers have discovered.
A scientific team under the leadership of Harsh Bais, assistant professor of plant and soil sciences in UD’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, found that when pathogens attempt to invade a plant through the tiny open pores in its leaves, a surprising ally comes to the rescue.
Please browse through our homepage and meet the highly motivated group of people in our department. We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our programs.
Plant and Soil Sciences
531 South College Avenue
152 Townsend Hall
Newark, DE 19716
NEWS & EVENTS
- Complete calendar of events >>
- Dr. Yan Jin receives two USDA grants
- Congratulations to Mark Isaacs for receiving the John Warren Excellence in Leadership and Service Award
- Dr's Bais and Sherrier labs research how to reduce arsenic in the soil
- UD's Sparks to chair national soil science committee
- News Archive >>