|Back to ISEQ Home|
Institute of Soil and Environmental Quality and Avian Biosciences Center
Graduate Research Fellowships on the Environmental Compatibility of Poultry Production
The Institute of Soil and Environmental Quality and the Avian Biosciences Center jointly announce the availability of three co-sponsored graduate research fellowships focused on improving the environmental compatibility of poultry production.
Proposal Criteria and Focus Areas:
1) Eligibility: All University of Delaware faculty members and professional staff that are formally affiliated1 with the Institute of Soil and Environmental Quality and/or the Avian Biosciences Center and that are eligible to advise graduate students may submit applications for these fellowships.
2) Proposals must be multi-disciplinary and clearly address one of the following three priority research areas related to poultry production. Basic and applied research projects will be considered.
3) Graduate Fellows: These fellowships are intended for new graduate students that will matriculate in the Fall Semester of 2008; graduate students currently enrolled at the University of Delaware are not eligible to apply. Graduate Fellows are required to (i) make a presentation each year describing their progress at a meeting jointly organized by the Institute of Soil and Environmental Quality and the Avian Biosciences Center; and (ii) prepare a final report that summarizes the findings of the research.
4) Funding and Project Duration: This program is intended to support M.S. or Ph.D. graduate research fellows. Consequently, funding is only provided for graduate student stipends ($18,000 per year) and supplies or travel to professional meetings ($2,000 per year). Funding for graduate fellows is provided for up to 3 years. Consequently, the maximum total budget for each proposal is $60,000 ($20,000 per year for 3 years). Note that if a graduate fellow is not identified by July 1, 2008 all funds will revert to the Institute of Soil and Environmental Quality and the Avian Biosciences Center.
Proposal Submission and Evaluation:
1) Proposals should be submitted electronically to Dr. Tom Sims, Director, Institute of Soil and Environmental Quality (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 15, 2007.
2) Proposals must contain the following components and are limited to no more than 10 pages of text (excluding budgetary information and CVs):
3. Proposal Review and Selection Criteria: Final decisions on proposals will be made by a review panel established by the Institute of Soil and Environmental Quality and the Avian Biosciences Center. Proposals will be reviewed based on their scientific merit and relevance to the established priority research areas for this program. Notification of awards will be made by November 15, 2007.
1For information on how to become affiliated with the Institute of Soil and Environmental Quality, contact Dr. Tom Sims (email@example.com) and for the Avian Biosciences Center, contact Dr. Jack Gelb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Back to ISEQ Home
This page is maintained by
Maria Pautler and best viewed in Internet Explorer. Comments or Questions?
Copyright © University of Delaware, 2002-2008