Harnessing Solar Energy for Broiler Chicken Production
An Investment and Cost Guide for Delaware Poultry Growers
The purpose of this guide is to enable a poultry grower to evaluate the initial investment, annual revenue or savings, and investment pay period for solar energy systems.
We would like to recognize the contributions to this guide from the University of Delaware Center for Energy and Environmental Policy (CEEP), Lado Kurdgelashvilli, and John Byrne. The tables provide examples that were prepared using PV Planner, a software tool developed by CEEP with partial support from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (USA). For additional information on this software, please click here.
This guide was prepared by Andrea Kreiner, A. Kreiner Company, with input from Mike Bowman (Delaware Technology Park), Robin Morgan (University of Delaware, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources), and David Weir (Delaware Biotechnology Institute) and Katy O’Connell (University of Delaware, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources) are acknowledged for helpful suggestions on the manual.
- An Investment and Cost Guide for Poultry Growers-January 2010 [pdf]
- Checklists and Forms
- Appendix A: Green Energy Fund Grant Program
- Appendix B: Federal Commercial Solar Tax Credit
- Appendix C: Renewable Energy Credits (RECs)
- Appendix D: USDA Renewable Energy Grant
- Appendix E: USDA Renewable Energy Loan Checklist for Submission of Application
- Appendix F: Project Calculations Including Tax on Savings and Energy Sales