Director and Pathologist
Diagnostic Histopathology Service for:
- MS/DACVP The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine 2010
- DVM The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine 2006
- BA (Biology) Wittenberg University 2001
- Collaborative: Histopathologic analysis for researchers engaged in studies related to animal disease and animal models of human disease. Consultation regarding tissue dissection, collection, trimming, fixation, image capture, and techniques in immunohistochemistry.
- Personal: Informational completeness in veterinary diagnostic laboratory submission forms, including quantification and characterization of deficits encountered in clinical information received with diagnostic specimens.
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) Young Investigator Award (2010)
- The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine Excellence in Pathology (2006)
- American Association of Avian Pathologists (AAAP) - entry (AAAP representative to ACVP Maintenance of Certification Committee
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP)- member (Education Committee)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) - member
- Reviewer- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA)
- Reviewer- American Journal of Veterinary Research (AJVR)
- Reviewer - Avian Diseases
Erin M. Brannick, Jianying Zhang, Xiaoli Zhang, and Paul C. Stromberg. Influence of submission form characteristics on clinical information received in biopsy accession. J VET Diagn Invest. November 2012 24: 1073-1082.
Erin M. Brannick and Paul C. Stromberg. Abstract- Assessing informational completeness in biopsy submission forms. Vet. Pathol. (2010) 47 (6 Supp.), 15S.
Kimberly M. Newkirk, F. Jason Duncan, Erin M. Brannick, Heather L. Chandler, Allison E. Parent, and Donna F. Kusewitt. The acute cutaneous inflammatory response is attenuated in Slug-knockout mice. Lab. Invest. (2008) 88, 831-841.