To honor the accomplishments of our alumni, we have established the following annual awards:
- Distinguished Alumni Award – this award, presented to as many as 3 individuals each year, recognizes individuals whograduated from the College 20 or more years ago, and is based on professional and personal accomplishments.
- Distinguished Young Alumnus Award -this award recognizes an individual whograduated from the College less than 20 years ago, and is based on professional and personal accomplishments.
- Dean’s Award for Service to the College – thisaward recognizes an individual who graduated from the College and who has provided exemplary service back to the College.
If you are interested in being nominated for one of these awards or know of a worthy nominee, please contact the college department from which the alumni graduated.
In addition, the Ag Alumni Association awards the Worrilow Award on an annual basis. Our alumni are also recognized by the University through a variety of awards and honors.
- Bruce Cobb (PLSC), ARC Greenhouses, Founder and Owner
- Carol Long (PLSC), Winterthur Museum and Country Estate, Associate Curator
- Daral Jackwood (ANFS), Professor, Department of Veterinary Preventative Medicine, The Ohio State University
- Mark Jackwood (ANFS), Professor and Department Head, Department of Population Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia
- Steve Castorani (AG '77), owner and operator of Gateway Garden Center and North Creek Nurseries
- Goodwin Cobb (AG '99), marketing manager for Christiana Care System in Occupational Health and Wellness Services
- Rick Darke (AG '77), president of Rick Darke, LLC - Landscape Ethics, Photography, and Contextual Design
- Joshua McGrath (AG '04 PhD), assistant professor of soil fertility and nutrient management at the University of Maryland
- Peter Lindtner, M.S. Plant Science, 1981
- Stewart Ramsey, Principal and Senior Economist, U.S. Agriculture Services, IHSGLOBAL INSIGHT INC.
- Steven Leath, Vice President for Research, University of North Carolina
- J. Dennis Byrne, Manager, Herr Angus Farm
- Daniel Camenga (AG '01, '03MS), associate director of corporate relations, University of Rochester
- Roger Glendenning (AG '87MS), acting chief budget officer Under Secretary for Rural Development - USDA
- Andrew Paterson (AG '82), professor of crop and soil sciences, and genetics, University of Georgia
- Linda Stallings (AG '96), collections manager of operations, Maryland Zoo
- Rick Colbert (AG '78), executive director, Tyler Arboretum
- Bill Culp (AG '89, '91MS), major, US Army Veterinary Corps
- Philip Jardine (AG '81, '83MS), distinguished scientist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory; adjunct professor, University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- Erica Spackman (AG '01PhD), microbiologist, Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, USDA-ARS
**Please note that the titles associated with our alumni are those held at the time of the nomination/award.