The printing fee plan applies to all members of the campus community (students, staff, and faculty) who have a valid UD ID card and print in a computing site.
Everyone who has a valid UD ID card has a FLEX account associated with his/her card whether or not he/she has ever initiated use of the FLEX account.
The printing fee plan allows a UD student to print a specific number of "images" (one side of a piece of paper) for free before incurring fee-based printing:
1. Free printing : 100 free "images" per student
- Every 6 month period (January 1-June 30 and July 1-December 31), you can print 100 free "images" at no cost.
- After your free allocation is used, printing fees are charged to your UD FLEX account (see fee-based printing below).
2. Fee-based printing : Rates apply to all individuals. (Carry-over of unused free page allocation is not provided.)
- Five cents ($0.05) per image printed simplex (one side of one piece of paper)*
- Four cents ($0.04) per image printed duplex (both sides of one piece of paper)
*In all IT-managed computing sites, the default setting for printer is duplex printing. If you want to print on only one side of a piece of paper, you must select simplex.