Just for Juniors-Graduation Check-in Process
To ensure that you will graduate on time and as planned, please review this information carefully and check off each item during your junior year. Remember: the responsibility of completing necessary degree requirements lies with you!
- Make an appointment to meet with your academic advisor before the upcoming registration period. Use this meeting to review your requirements and plan your final year of coursework. If you have a minor, meet with your minor advisor to review those requirements as well.
- To record your academic progress, use a paper check sheet available in 104 Townsend Hall or online and be sure to follow the graduation requirements for the year you entered the university. When senior year comes, check sheets must be submitted for ALL major(s) and minor(s).
- Make sure you are fulfilling the requirements for your degree, including taking approved courses and completing the required number of credits. Check that you are taking courses approved for breadth and major requirements; see your catalog for verification. (Course substitutions are rarely made. Any requests for course substitutions related to your major must be made in advance, in writing, to your department chairperson. Substitutions for university or college requirements must be submitted in writing to Dean Yackoski at firstname.lastname@example.org. If substitutions are granted, written documentation of the permission must be kept to submit with your graduation paperwork.)
- Verify that your local address and phone numbers are accurate in UDSIS or you will not receive future mailings including an invitation to graduation!
- Verify your graduation term in UDSIS. If the date is incorrect, submit a Change Graduation Term request.
- Verify that your major(s), concentration(s) and minor(s) are listed in UDSIS correctly. Use the Change Program/Plan option to delete or add any academic program.
- Confirm that all transfer work and AP/IB credits are accurately posted to your record and are counted in your total credits. Contact UD’s Transfer Center located in the University Visitor Center if anything is inaccurate. For more information, please visit: http://www.udel.edu/registrar/transfer.
- Complete coursework for any courses with a Sustaining (S) or Incomplete (I) grade and make sure your professor submits a change of grade form.
- If you have a Communication Condition on your record, it must be removed.
- Watch your mail in your senior year for more important information about taking the necessary steps to graduate on time!
COMMON ERRORS THAT PREVENT STUDENTS FROM GRADUATING: DONíT LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU!